After getting a Razer Blade Stealth (late-2017 i7-8550U) model I noticed various issues with the touchpad using libinput under wayland. Lots of wobbling and overall a pretty bad user experience under linux. With a little research I expected these issues should have been fixed with with this change for the late-2017 model.
Turns out Razer has at least 2 device ids for the same laptop so I created an override to work around this issue.
Create /lib/udev/hwdb.d/61-evdev.hwdb with this in it:
# Razer Blade Stealth (override) evdev:name:1A586757:00 06CB:8323 Touchpad:dmi:*svnRazer:pnBladeStealth:* EVDEV_ABS_00=::12:8 EVDEV_ABS_01=::11:8 EVDEV_ABS_35=::12:8 EVDEV_ABS_36=::11:8
Then I ran the following commands to enable it
systemd-hwdb update udevadm trigger /dev/input/event11
If you don’t know your device you can just reboot. Now all my libinput problems seem to be solved!
Update: I submitted a hwdb patch to systemd to address it there